How to Make the Most of Your WayNet Membership
...and thanks for supporting WayNet.org with your
are now part of an organization that was organized in 1997 – at the very
beginning of the Internet revolution.
WayNet’s official mission is to be Wayne County's Internet Gateway,
promoting dynamic and interactive exchange of current thought and
activities while celebrating our historical, cultural, and economic
heritage. Put more simply – it’s one click to all things local in
Richmond and Wayne County.
The main benefit – to you as a member – and to our community is that
it’s not necessary to remember or bookmark multiple web addresses to
find anything you need to know in our community – all you have to
remember is www.waynet.org!
There are plenty of other benefits to being a WayNet.org member as well
as ways that your membership benefits the community in general – such
- Our Link to You
- No matter what level you’ve joined WayNet, the link from our
website to yours is the best benefit of membership.
- Thanks to WayNet’s popularity with search engines, such as
Google, when we link to you, the search engines popularity of
your site often increases as well. When you add "Richmond,
Indiana" to your search – a WayNet link is usually on the first page of the
- And best of all, if the person doesn’t know the name of your
business, but is looking in WayNet’s directory for a specific
item or service – your business or organization is right there
for them to find!
- Local and state educational, governmental, business and
health organizations link to WayNet.org as a community resource,
and your link is an important part of that resource!
- Be sure to notify WayNet.org of any changes to your web
address, major updates to your website, address or key personnel
changes. That way, your link will remain accurate.
- Major updates to our member’s websites are often highlighted
in the “Focus on Wayne County” section of our home page and/or
featured in an edition of
- Your Link to WayNet.org
- To extend the usefulness of your website – without the
necessity of keeping up with the many changes that occur over
time to local web resources - simply link to WayNet.org. Let us
do the heavy mouse moving so you can concentrate on keeping your
organization’s web site content up to date! (Add this code:
- While many organizations may find it most useful to link to
our home page, you’re welcome to “deep link” to an inner page,
if that is most useful for your organization. For example, if
you want to point your visitors directly to the lodging or
restaurant listings on the site, you’re welcome to do that as
- Having an opening in your organization can be a huge
expense. Reduce the cost of advertising your job openings by
adding an “Employment” page or section to your website.
- Be sure to notify WayNet.org that you have an Employment
section, and if you are a Business member or above, we’ll add a
direct link to your page from our “Employment” section. WayNet.org’s employment section is usually one of the
top 5 most
popular pages each month on WayNet.org.
- Community Calendar
- Post your events on WayNet’s community calendar. You can
quickly add an event by visiting the calendar and clicking on
“Add Event” on the left side. However, to make the most of this
tool, register so you can edit your own events. Detailed
information is available here:
- Extend your website by adding a WayNet calendar to your site
– with just your events and with your colors – email
to see if this option is a good fit for your organization.
- Talk of the Town
- Share your press releases directly on
Talk of the Town. A
direct link from WayNet’s news page makes it easy for visitors
to keep up with your organization’s news – no need to wait for a
media organization to pick it up.
- To post to this area, go to Talk of the Town > Community
Announcements > News Releases
- Register for an account.
Under the “Participate” heading on the left side of the
page, click on Register. We ask that you sign in with your
account when posting in this area so we can verify the
legitimacy of the information.
- Receive Updates from Talk of the Town
- To stay current with events in Richmond and Wayne County,
register for an account at Talk of the Town. Edit your “Profile”
and check the sections you are interested in and you’ll receive
a full-text version of the information posted via your email
account. Too many messages? You always have access to go in and
change your settings at any time.
- Post a “How To” Article
- You are an expert. In your professional or personal life,
you likely know more than the average person about at least one
subject. Use this knowledge to write a “How To” article for
WayNet.org’s How To Center. This can position you as a go-to
person for a specific topic, it adds an additional way for
people to find your organization, and it adds additional content
and keywords that search engines will scoop up – and then point
back to you!
- It’s easy and it can be very powerful – just ask WorkOne who
received the opportunity to reach more than 1,100 additional
visitors in December 2008 via their
How To Write A Resume
- o Details are available here:
- Promote WayNet.org
- What? Didn’t you join to gain benefits –why should you have
to promote the organization?
- WayNet.org wears many hats, we serve our members by
serving the community at large. If you, and our other
members, promote WayNet.org as a resource, champion
WayNet.org as a local information and advertising solution
for other local businesses and organizations, WayNet gains
additional content – which brings more visitors – which
makes YOUR membership ever more valuable. It’s a win for the
community and it’s a win for you!
Being a member of WayNet.org makes you a part of a well-respected
We help you help YOUR community by promoting tourism, economic
development and community pride.
For questions about these or other opportunities offered by WayNet.org,
Jane Holman, Executive Director
50 North Fifth Street
Richmond, IN 47374
Phone: (765) 939-0857
This article has a
Creative Commons License.